Japan

Dear readers,

first of all, let me assure you that I am not in Japan at the moment. I am not sure if this was clear from my previous posts, but I left Japan last year in September, as my exchange ended then, and am in Germany at the moment.
I do, however, have plenty of friends in Japan. My foreign friends have almost all left the country by now, but the Japanese ones can't (and won't) do that so easily. So far, everyone seems safe, as Tokyo wasn't hit as hard as the Touhoku area, but I am still worried a lot about possible new quakes, and also the atom reactors in Fukushima.
At the moment, it seems like there is nothing we can do but wait and encourage our friends. I donated to various organizations, although only a bit so far, as I don't have much money on my bank account at the moment, and once my friends tell me the postal system is back to normal, I am planning on sending some food and maybe daily goods or warm clothes over.
This is a difficult time, and although I still read some cosmetics blogs in order to distract myself, and try to live my normal life (still two term papers to hand in!), I hope you will understand that I won't update for a while.
I have some notes for posts, like a skincare report on an acne relief cream, but those will have to wait.
I am very sorry, but my energy goes to supporting my friends and also at least trying to finish my papers, plus the whole stress made me a bit weak, leading me to not being able to fight down a cold.
It is unbelievable how just last week, I was out sightseeing with a Japanese friend from the Touhoku area, everything being fine, and suddenly, she will return home to the area being almost completey destroyed. Seeing as I visited her home just last summer, this makes me really sad. A few months ago, I was still living in Japan... unimaganeable.

I understand that not all of you are concerned with Japan, and not everyone can donate, but please try to show as much support as you can, without being too worried or having your normal life affected.

Sincerely,
Julia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Green-tinted sunscreens - a comparison

Share: Do you have any skin allergies?

Teenage Dream Last Friday Night